Monday, January 24, 2011

Lily Kate's 2nd Birthday Party

We had such a wonderful party for Lily Kate on Saturday. My Mom and I had been planning and working on this party for a while. I love working on things with my Mom ... she gets into things just as much as I do so I love it! :) Me & Mom worked on setting everything up on Friday and my awesome Dad went to Sam's and got all the food. I'm so thankful for my parents!!
Stephen's parents came up from Alabama for the weekend for the party. We were so thankful we got to spend some time with them as well. Lily Kate really loves her Nonna & Grandaddy and had so much fun playing with them. They were a big help this weekend and took care of Lily Kate for me while I was running around crazy ... SO glad they were able to come!!
While we were getting last minute things together for the party Saturday morning it started snowing!! I couldn't believe it! It snowed the entire time we were there at the party ... it was SO beautiful!! It was so special seeing it snow because it brought back so may memories of the days we were in the hospital with Lily Kate after she was born and it was snowing.


We had a picture table with different pictures of Lily Kate I took on her birthday in a cute Dora shirt. The Payne family helped me paint the Dora & Boots, the backpack, and a big Dora sign - they were such a BIG help.

Cake table

A sweet lady, Mrs. Laura, from our church did Lily Kate's cake ...she had a cake shop in our town for a long time and her daughter is the one who did all my cakes for our wedding - it was SO delicious!!


Everything is ready for our guest!!


Lily Kate and her BFF - Noah ... holding hands - how sweet :)


Lily Kate and her Nonna - she was ALL about her Nonna this weekend!


Lily Kate and all her friends ... I'm so thankful for the friends that Lily Kate has (and all of their parents that are our friends!! :) )


Present time!!

Yay for ... chapstick - her favorite present of the day! Ha!!

A rolling Dora backpack - oh yeah!


A Dora bike!!

Cake time!!

Our little family with Stephen's parents & brother, Nathan


Our little family with My parents, Grandparents, and Josh & Juli



Happy Birthday Lily Kate ... I'm so thankful for you and I hope that you loved your party!! I know that I did ... :)

2 comments:

  1. How fun Lauren! I don't know what it is about Dora that kids love so much. Ours are hooked too. Glad she had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a wonderful time Lauren! David loves spending time with Lily Kate!

    ReplyDelete