Saturday, May 14, 2011

Events of April 2011

First of all, I want to thank everyone for the texts, emails, messages, etc in response to my post about Mom. I can't even begin to express how much it means to me to have your prayers and encouragement. This whole situation has defiantly been teaching me how to be able to help and encourage others when they are going through tough time because I know how much I have need encouragement! Thank you, thank you!!!

Well, I wanted to do a recap of some events that we had going on in April. I was excited when I finally found an extra cord to my camera to hook up to my computer while I was cleaning out my garage ... and I also had a few reminders (thanks Keri) that I actually had a blog! :) Be prepared ... I'm including lots of pictures and fun things that I want to be able to remember ! :)

On April 1, we had a teen activity to Monster Truck Rally at the RBC Center in Raleigh. I had so many people ask me at church if I was going on that activity and if I would even enjoy it ... let me just say, I LOVE Monster Truck Rallies!!! :) My love for them started back in college-Stephen was a youth pastor for 3 years while we were in college and so he took the kids to two Monster Truck Rallies while we were there. Right before we were going to go the first time, I was so mad that we were going. I thought it was going to be boring and that there was just going to be a bunch of rednecks there. So, I packed a book to read and wore a cute outfit with pearls (I was going to bring a little class to the place ;) ) and I was expecting to despise the show. Well ..... once I got there and the show started I LOVED it!!! I mean, like screaming and yelling for the trucks love it!! And so, when Stephen announced we were going again I was SO excited!!







Lily Kate's BFF, Noah spent the night with us one Friday night while Chip & Amy were out of town. They had SO much fun ... and kept me really busy! :) They were so sweet together and I couldn't help take a few pictures of them together!!

Geting ready to watch Toy Story 3
You better watch it Noah!!!! :)

So, so precious ... best friends!

Lily Kate and I stayed with the Coghill family one night while Preacher was out of town to help with little baby Matthew and all the other kids. We had a great time and Lily Kate LOVED getting to play with all the Coghills.
Such sweeties!






Matthew is just so adorable and such a sweet baby!!! Love Him!


On some Sunday mornings Lily Kate will ride on the bus with her Daddy while I am practicing the music before church. She loves riding on the bus with her Daddy.
Making some good memories with Daddy!

We had a great Easter weekend. On the Friday night before Easter, the Register family came over and we had a little egg hunt in the back yard for Lily Kate & Noah. Stephen had mowed the grass that morning and then it rained that afternoon so there was a lot of wet grass in the yard when we went out there later that evening. So ... of course my little priss pot would not walk in the grass with sandals on, I had to get her closed toe shoes, and then she wouldn't pick up an egg that had grass on it. But, they were still so cute together finding the eggs and then checking out the surprises inside!




Someone is excited!! :)

Love the ears, Noah!!

We went to my parents house for Sunday lunch on Easter and Lily Kate got 2 Easter baskets and had another little Easter egg hunt. Of course, out of her two baskets, her favorite item was the chapstick!!

Getting some help from Pop
She had to wear closed toe shoes on this day too ... ha! :)
I just LOVE this picture!
Pictures with Uncle Josh & Aunt Juli


All the girls! :)
Lily Kate with Pop & Lalee



Stephen spoke at Southeastern's Spring Banquet on April 29th. I was so grateful to get to be there because it was Josh & Nathan's last banquet. Plus, we got to see all of our kids from Pleasant Acres. The theme was "Twilight in Central Park." Everything was decorated so nice and it was a wonderful banquet. The junior class did an awesome job putting everything together. We had such a great night ... I kept on having to remind myself that I was a wife, mom, and adult and not a college student having fun. :) (Special thanks to Julie for keeping Lily Kate ... she had SSOO much fun!)




With Sam, Ashley, & Juli



Riding in the taxi ... hanging out the sunroof :)



Me & Haley

With Sam & Dominique



Me & Stephen with my brother, Josh, & his fiancee, Juli and with Stephen's brother, Nathan, and his girlfriend, Haley .... LOVE my family so much!!!




Me & Stephen with our kids from Pleasant Acres - couldn't be more thankful for them and all that they mean to us With Nathan & Haley :)




A few random pictures from the month ....



Teaching them early ...

I asked her to smile ... this is what I get!! :)


Someone likes the bling-bling ... just like Mommy!!!!


Playing before Sunday school



Well, if you have made it to the end of this post, go get yourself a Coke & a snack because I know it was a long one!! :)






































































































































2 comments:

  1. My first comment disappeared :(

    anyways.. Love you! I love when you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your captions made me laugh...or at least the "bling, bling" one did! :)

    ReplyDelete