Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mom has set up a wonderful website to help keep everyone updated about what is going on with her. Check out www.caringbridge.org/visit/lauriehorne

I think yesterday was the first day that it hit me with full force that my Mom could possibly have Stage 4 cancer. But, once again the Lord had so much to teach me yesterday. I spent a lot of my afternoon just praying and reading my Bible and crying out to the Lord ... after finding out that 3 out of the 5 lymph nodes they took out tested positive for cancer, I already felt defeated and almost hopeless that it would be in the liver as well. But, the Lord reminded me that it doesn't matter what prognosis the doctors give my Mom ... HE is in control!! HE is the ultimate Healer and she is in HIS hands. I don't want any words the doctors say to have control over my emotions. The Lord comforted me with so many verses, here are a few ...

Psalm 147:3 "He healeth the borken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds."
Jeremiah 32:37 "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is there anything too hard for me?"
Psalm 50:15 "And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliever thee, and thou shalt glorify me."
Philippians 4:19 "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

I am asking God specifically for a miracle in my Mom's life ... I'm asking Him to work in her life as only He can, that it will stun the doctors and everyone else ... not just because I want my Mom to be well, but because I want to praise Him and thank Him for it. I want His named to be glorified through this situation. Will you help me pray for a miracle-something God-sized? I know without a doubt that He can do it, why not pray with faith, believing it will happen?! Thank you, thank you for the continued support and prayers!

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying with you as James says to pray, by having faith and not doubting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying with you, Lauren. I'm praying that God will strengthen her & this trip to California will be a wonderful time for her.
    I so admire your strength. I look at you sometimes at church & see how God has matured you spiritually with this trial. You are a wonderful example for our teens.

    ReplyDelete