Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday Lily Kate!!

Three years old .... I can't believe that my little girl is three years old today!!  What a blast this last year has been!!  It seems like as soon as she turned 2 she started talking in paragraphs, non stop, 24/7.  And I love having conversations with her!  She always keeps us laughing and you never know what she will say next.  We have had so many wonderful experiences over the past year .... lots of "firsts" for this little girl that I want to be able to remember.

Lily Kate really started LOVING to dress up after she turned 2.

Her favorite place to get her "dress up items" ... my jewelry box!!

She loves getting to ride the bus with Daddy

She became my coupon shopping buddy this year!
(As well as Amy & Noah :) )

She got to watch Uncle Josh & Aunt Juli graduate from college

And Uncle Nathan!!

She LOVES walking in my heels!

First time riding the carousel

First "roller coaster"

She has helped us pray for Lalee and has thanked Jesus when she would feel better!

She got to go to California for the first time!!


And put her feet in the Pacific Ocean for the first time

We LOVED California!!

She went to the zoo for the first time ... San Diego Zoo was the best!

And we enjoyed a fun trolley ride around San Diego


She got to be a flower girl for the first time in Uncle Josh & Aunt Juli's wedding!!

She was so beautiful!

We found out that she was going to be a BIG SISTER!!!


And named the baby before we could - "Keke" :)

Pop & Lalee are excited! :)

She started going to Preschool 2 days a week ... and LOVES it!
She went on her first field trip with her class.

She got a big girl bed in her & Keke's room at Pop & Lalee's house!

She got to cheer on Alabama alot- all the way to the National Championship!!
Roll Tide!!!!!!

She learned to draw lots of faces -
scary ones, happy ones, daddy & mommy ones ... oh the fun! :)



She got to play in hay bales for the first time while in
Alabama for Christmas.


And help feed a little baby calf whose mommy had left him.

She had LOTS of fun in Alabama for Christmas!

And found out that she is going to have a little sister ...
she is ssoo excited!

Lily Kate - you have grown up so much this past year ... and I have enjoyed every minute of it.  Even though your strong will sometimes frustrates me, I pray that your Daddy & I can help you learn to use it for God's glory.  I know the Lord has such wonderful plans for your life and I pray that your heart will stay tender toward Him.  I can't wait to see you become a big sister this year.  You are such a big helper to Mommy and love your little sister already - you will be great!   I love you with all my heart and can't wait to see what this next year holds for us. 
~Mommy

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! Happy birthday, Lily Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lily Kate! We love you so much! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should let the girls Skype soon! Kenley wants to say hi to "My Little Kate" :)

    ReplyDelete