Friday, October 15, 2010

Flashback Friday: Lily Kate's 1st Vacation







Ok, so I realize that I didn't do my flashback Friday last week and I am very upset with myself. I had 1001 things going on and didn't get to it. So, this week I am looking back to Lily Kate's first vacation.



For the past 8 years (with the exception of the year I got married) my family has gone to Oak Island for vacation. We rented the same house for several years but since I've been married we've been in 3 different houses. We LOVE going down there. The houses we always stay in are at the end of the island so it is so, so secluded. When we go out on the beach there is literally no one out there. If there is someone, they are so far down the beach they look like ants. :) It's so nice. Papa & Gran have gone on the majority of our vacations since I was little and so the boys always go fishing on the pier and the girls go out on the beach. Well ... Gran walks on the beach in her socks & shoes and sits under an umbrella with a towel under her feet-she doesn't like the sand on her feet. She will literally take her house shoes to the beach and put them on after she gets out there ... that's my Gran, she makes me laugh! :)



Last year we went on our family vacation in May because of my brother's intership. Lily Kate & I spend 5 days at Oak Island with my family - she was only 4 months old ... and the cutest little butterball you've ever seen!! :) One of our "family traditions" is to take family pictures on the beach at the end of the week. I love looking at our pictures from year to year to see how everyone has changed!
Our beach vacations have been so wonderful over the years - I always look forward to them. They are such special times to just relax and enjoy spending time with my family. I hope it will be a tradition we can carry on for many, many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment