Monday, October 4, 2010

Shopping with Papa & Gran :)


Yesterday Lily Kate and I went on a little shopping trip with Papa & Gran. Lily Kate needed some closed-toe church shoes & church dresses-so we headed to H Stadium. I was so excited ... I always love going there to look at all their beautiful clothes and we hadn't been since the summer so it was about time!
Lily Kate & Gran cutting up in the back seat-I pray that I will always be able to remember my Gran's laugh. When I was growing up I can think of so many times that we could get Gran laughing so hard and we would always say, "Uh oh- here she goes ..." But I just love hearing that laugh! Lily Kate sat in the back with Gran while I drove. She read all the books to her (even sang them to her-ha!). It was so funny to hear them back there.






Of course the day wouldn't be complete without lunch at Chick-fil-A. Lily Kate just HAD to eat her chicken nuggets with a fork. That's been her "thing" for a while-eating EVERYTHING with a fork.

We enjoyed our day with Papa & Gran so much! I can't even begin to express what my Papa & Gran mean to me ... yes, they have spoiled me since birth BUT they mean so much more to me than that. They are special people that love me unconditionally and always know how to bring a smile to my face. Since my brother & I are their only grandchildren, we have always gotten to spend a lot of time with them and I'm so thankful for that. As they grow older, I realize my time with them is limited and I want to make as many memories with them as possible.








2 comments:

  1. Precious Lauren! I need to go shopping for David here soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! Sounds like your grandparents our amazing! =)

    ReplyDelete