Friday, October 22, 2010

Flashback Friday: Some of my favorite newborn pictures

I wanted to post a few of my favorite pictures of Lily Kate during her "newborn" stage. I remember how amazed I was at how quickly she changed. She was 17 1/2 inches when she was born so she was in premie clothes her whole first month because of her length, not weight. I remember being SO excited when I could put newborn clothes on her and they fit. But, I also remember the first time I cleaned out her drawers & closet of all the clothes that she couldn't fit into ... I sat in the floor and cried as I folded them up and put them in a container. I still have a hard time packing up her clothes she can't fit into-I think it's because I know that I will never get to see her in that outfit again and for some reason that is so sad to me!
Lily Kate was such a good baby. I remember just a few nights when she was a newborn that were "rough." Most of those were right after we came home from the hospital. She began sleeping through the night at 9 weeks. Stephen was always such a big help for those middle of the night feedings. He would get her out of the bassinet and change her and then give her to me for me to feed her. Most of the time while I was feeding her I would watch whatever I had DVRed so I could try to stay awake. It truly is amazing how quickly time passes by ... I feel like I was just seeing this sweet little face for the first time!




























No comments:

Post a Comment