Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A quick update with no pictures :(

Well ... our past few days have been quite crazy - here is a quick recap and unfortunately there will be no pictures. I know, who wants to read what I have to say, it's all about the cute Lily Kate pictures! :)

Last Friday morning we went first thing to the doctor and got Lily Kate's flu shot. I am so glad to have that over with and we are looking forward to a healthy fall/winter! :) After the doctor's office I ran to Target to grab a couple of items before going to the library for story time at 10:30. I realized after I left the house that I had forgotten my camera and so my dear, sweet, adorable husband (who was enjoying his day off) brought me my camera so I could get some good pictures of Lily Kate at her first day of library.
We met Jenny & David, Rosa & Sophie, and Becky, Makayla & Carter at the library. I was so excited about our story time that -yes, I forgot the camera my husband had so sweetly & willingly brought me in the car. haha! :) I was so mad at myself!! It was "Fire Safety Day" and so there were stories, songs, puppets shows, etc all about fire safety. Of course, Lily Kate had no desire to sit with or beside me. She was more interested in sitting on the front step with her boyfriend, Carter. She wanted to "rock rock" in the rocking chair up front that held the "library frog." It was all I (and Becky) could do to keep this from happening! She didn't enjoy story time alot because the woman took forever showing the kids the pictures in between her reading the pages - Lily Kate just lost interest. But, when it was puppet time she was so excited! The first puppet was the bear which Lily Kate continually said "grrrrr" - letting me know "Mom, do you not realize there is a talking bear up there?!?!" Then there were songs with all kinds of movements and such - at one point Lily Kate & Carter were laying in the floor on their bellys watching the puppets. It was just too cute and right now I am so mad at myself again for not getting pictures of our time. It was so, so enjoyable and we are looking forward to Friday library time!!
We had some great friends, Stephen & Heather, over for dinner Friday night. They have agreed to be connection group leaders and help us with the teens. We are so excited! We love & appreciate the wonderful helpers that the Lord has given us to help us with the kids. We unfortunately just lost some of our great helpers, Brian & Keri, since they decide to leave us and move back to Washington! (just kidding Keri-miss you!! :( ) God has blessed us with 3 wonderful couples who come alongside us as we minister to & encourage the teenagers and we couldn't be more thankful for what they do (in helping the teens AND us!!).
Friday night & Saturday the student leaders from Southeastern were at our church for some leadership training. So, we kept Bro. Ron, Josh (my brother), Nathan (Stephen's brother), and Will (a family friend from Alabama) at the house. It was so much fun to have all of them in the house! Lily Kate enjoyed entertaining them Saturday morning. :)
Saturday night was the Alabama/South Carolina game. We just stayed at home and watched it by ourselves because of our busy schedule this weekend. Let's just say that it didn't end well and that from now on Lily Kate is not allowed to be around her Daddy while Alabama is playing-he was NOT happy during this one!!! :)
I was so looking forward to church on Sunday but Lily Kate & I had to stay home because she was having some "stomach issues." I will leave it at that ... ;) She is much better now though and I am thankful it didn't last long!
A couple of cute things that Lily Kate has started doing ...
-She LOVES pumpkins. Wherever we are she has to point them out - she calls them "pump". I have some on the front porch and she loves to pick up the smallest one and try to carry it around. I also have a pretty mum on the porch and she'll point to the mum outside the door and say "flower" and then put her nose up to the glass door and try to "smell" it. Too cute! :) Lily Kate now calls apples pumpkins too - Stephen brought one home Sunday and put it on the kitchen table and Lily Kate picked up the apple and brought it to me and said "pump." It was so cute!
-For the majority of Lily Kate's life she has not been interested in TV at all. Well, she is now making up for that! There are only about 4 shows that she likes to watch: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Sid, Dora, & Sesame Street (but only the Elmo's World part-the rest of it she doesn't like-haha!) So, she is always asking to watch TV and she will list 3 out of the 4 of her shows everytime. It goes like this ... "Momma" "Yes, Lily Kate" "Dora" "No, Lily Kate, we can't watch Dora right now." "Sid?" "No, Lily Kate" "Mo-Mo" "No, Lily Kate, we can't watch Elmo." (2 seconds later )"Momma" "Yes, Lily Kate" "Dora" "No" "Sid" "NO" "Mo-mo" "No, Lily Kate, they have all gone nite-nite and don't ask again!" (3 seconds later) "Momma, Dora?" ... and so this goes on & on & on ALL DAY! Yes, I do let her watch them sometimes but I love how she asks for just those 3 shows back-to-back-to-back .....
Ok-that's it for today. I promise to charge my camera battery and have pictures of my priss pot on here tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment