Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Heart Full of Thanks

Psalm 26:7 "That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving and tell of all thy wonderous works."
I want to take some time to tell just a few of the "wonderous works" the Lord has done for me! God has blessed me so much more than I ever deserve. I can't start this post without thanking Him for saving me. I was saved at the age of 4 and was priviledged to grow up in a Christian home. Even though I had a few "rough" spots throughout my teenage years I am so thankful the Lord was patient with me and still spoke to my heart about drawing closer to Him. I am thankful for His mercy and grace because I have failed Him more times than I want to count. I am thankful for His unconditional love during those times when I haven't been as close to Him as I should. I am thankful for His soverign hand that has guided me through life and has either prepared or permitted all the hard times I have been through. I am thankful for His Holy Spirit that convicts my heart when I am doing wrong and speaks to my heart about how I can serve Him better. My heart's desire is to serve the Lord and do His will - I pray that my life will glorify Him.
Psalm 100:4 "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him and bless his name."

The Lord has truly blessed me with such a wonderful husband who I consider my best friend. He is a wonderful provider for our family and such a great dad to Lily Kate. He always knows how to make me laugh and is so considerate of me. He has a servant's heart and is such a hard worker. I know that he loves the Lord and seeks Him daily for wisdom and strength. I am so thankful the Lord brought us together.


I am so thankful the Lord has blessed me & Stephen with a precious daughter. Lily Kate brings so much joy to my life and I love being her mommy. She knows how to make me laugh with the cute little things she does as well as bring tears to my eyes when I realize how quickly she is growing up. I can't help but melt when those big, brown eyes with those long eyelashes look up at me and say "Momma." She is such a blessing to my life!

I am so thankful for my wonderful family - my godly parents & in-laws, brother & brothers/sister in-law, great grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins whom I love & cherish my time with.

I am so thankful the Lord has blessed me with a wonderful church with a great Pastor and great church family. I love being at Pleasant Acres and know that the Lord has great plans for us there. I love the youth group we get to work with and love the opportunity to help them find God's will for their life.

I am so thankful for awesome, godly friends that I can depend on for help & advice. I don't have a sister but the Lord has blessed me with sisters-in-Christ that I couldn't be more thankful for.

I am so thankful I am an American and have freedoms that so many people dream of.

I am so thankful for a home that I can feel safe and secure in and enjoy my family and friends in.

I am so thankful for the chance to get to be a stay-at-home mom. I don't ever want to take for granted the opportunity to get to be with my daughter everyday and have my house ready for my husband when he comes home from work.

My heart is so full of thanksgiving for the wonderful life the Lord has blessed me with. I know I could go on & on with so many more things. I hope that you & your family have a wonderful Thankgsiving and you can take some time to think about what you are thankful for!

Psalm 92:1 "It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most high."

No comments:

Post a Comment