Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Kimbrell Thanksgiving 2010

So ... this year we went to Alabama to be with Stephen's family for Thanksgiving. After driving there with an 11 month old last Christmas, I decided that it would be in the best interest of my mental health as well as those loved ones in the car with me that I NEVER do that again ... drive to Alabama with a child-crazy!!!! So, thankfully, we were able to fly. I was little apprehensive because Lily Kate hadn't flown since she was 6 months old but she really did great. And after my salvation, that was the thing I was most thankful for during this Thanksgiving season- just kidding ... kinda! :)

My sweet little angel :)


Sleeping on the first flight

She LOVED looking out the window at the clouds and loved yelling to the planes when we were on the ground ... and yes, I mean literally yelling!


Thank you to whoever invented stickers ... you are my true hero!



While in Alabama I just HAD to stop and get a Coke from a glass bottle. Me & my sis-in-law love stopping here when we get to go on little "excursions" - I mean, have you ever seen a machine that gives you Coke in a glass bottle?? ...I hadn't until I went there ... of course, that is on my long list of many other things but, let's save that conversation for later!



Lily Kate LOVED being outside and feeding the fish in Grandaddy's pond





She kept on saying "throw" ... of course, she also threw all the sticks and such in the pond too - hopefully the fish will still be living when we visit next time!

She climbed up onto the rocks where the water comes down and drank the water ... too cute!


She got to open a few early Christmas present since we are going to be at home for Christmas this year ... as she tore off the paper she would say "broke."


My little turkey :)



She had so much fun with Aunt Maria


Me & Stephen with his brothers and sister & Granny ... thanks for looking so sweet in the picture, David!



More playing outside ...



Going to check the cows ...


Grandaddy was so good to Lily Kate - he took her wherever she wanted to go!

Right before the tearful goodbye at the airport ... :(
First of all I must say ... I really do have the best in-laws ever. Honestly!! They have always treated me like a part of their family and I truly love them with all my heart! We don't get to see them often and I think this past trip was one of our best ones ever. Lily Kate was so, so good and she loved spending time with Stephen's family. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment