Friday, November 19, 2010

Lily Kate is 22 Months!!!

22 months ... I feel like I was just doing my 21 month post or my 20 months post - It goes by so quickly!! Lily Kate has done a lot better the past couple of weeks with her eating so hopefully she is starting to get out of that phase-yay! She is also starting to say open/close or on/off all the time ... she defiantly knows what she wants!

For a long time the only song Lily Kate wanted to sing was "Zaccheus" ... now she has moved on to "Who's the King of the Jungle." When she wants me to sing this one she will put her hands under her arms like the monkey part. Whenever I sing "This Little Light of Mine" she will sing "shine, shine" over and over ... it is so cute!

She is all about being my helper. If I am cleaning then she wants a rag to help me clean or if I am doing laundry then she wants to help put it up or switch it to the dryer. If there is a door open then she has to close it.
One of the funniest things she has started to do this month is call herself "Kate." She will look at my phone and the picture of her on it and say "Kate." Then sometimes when we are playing and I am callling her name over & over I will stop and she will start to call her own name. I think that "l" is a hard letter for her to pronounce so instead of trying to say "Lily" she just leaves that whole word out and calls herself "Kate."

She wants to jump off of everything. She will take her step stool all over the house and climb up on it and say "two, two, two" and then jump off. Anytime I ask her to count something it is always "two, two, two." She also likes to take her step stool to the drawers in the kitchen and try to take everything out of them. She knows where I keep her crayons and so she will try to get them out and say "nolor" (for color).

Lily Kate ... You are such a big girl and you know it! You bring so much joy to my life and I love watching you change day after day. Even though you are very fiesty and tend to be a drama queen, I love that you are all girl and ask to put a bow in your hair when you are getting ready. I hope that you realize how much I love you and that I will always be a good example for you. Even though I hear you call (and yell & scream) my name 1000 times a day I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love you with all my heart ... Momma



1 comment:

  1. love it Lauren! I especially like the look of Lily's face in the picture of her in her car seat. She makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete